Incorporating fundamental skill development, high level competition, proven systems and performance training, Team Momentum has a long term track record of producing athletes who achieve success both on and off the court. Focused on being the best, not the biggest, Team Momentum is the premier girls only volleyball club in the St. Louis area. With almost two decades of providing quality training and competition, Team Momentum has the experience and structure for female players to reach the highest levels of achievement.
Team Momentum expects each player to be committed to work hard in order to achieve individual and team success. Likewise, players should expect their club to offer the tools and training programs to promote individual and team success. Therefore, Team Momentum is:
- Focused is on being better, not bigger.
- Focused only on the St. Louis region.
- Fielding girls teams exclusively.
- Only fielding teams when they can be competitive.
- Taking the long term approach to volleyball excellence, with consistent training, systems and approaches to the game.
- Training players to be the best they can be, to take volleyball as far as they want to take it.
- Training players to be excellent players and teammates.
- Training players to be athletic, skilled and court smart.
- Training players for long term success in high school and college, not just on winning to benefit the Club’s rankings.
The Benefits of Joining Team Momentum
- Experienced coaching staff.
- Long term track record of producing successful volleyball players who still love the sport after graduating from high school.
- Plyometric performance training at practice is included to improve player athleticism and reduce injuries.
- Positional training outside of regular practice to improve specific skills included.
- Summer 2017 volleyball and performance training included in club fees to promote year-round player advancement.
- College recruitment assistance provided.
- Convenient practice locations in West County.
- Access to specialized training court in West County, with volleyball training aids and workout equipment.
- Full time administrative and master coaching staff to ensure quality and efficiency.
Notable for the 2017 Season:
- Addition of new technology to track player athletic performance
- New Master Coach: John Powell
- Additional pre-competition training opportunities, including positional training and skill repetition training.
- Four Teams Earned National Bids
- 15 Navy finished first at the bid event.
- 13 Navy won the Northern Lights Qualifier
- Teams consistently ranked in the top of Gateway Region rankings
- Notable college commitments include Tiana Jackson (FSU), Tessa Buchheit (Rockhurst), Hailey Sidney (Missouri State).
- 17W player Tiana Jackson being named one of the top 100 seniors by Prepvolleyball.com.
- Momentum players who want to continue to play in college typically have many options to join quality programs. The majority of last season’s 18s are going on to play volleyball in college, including:
- Olivia Rhodes – Goucher College; Baltimore, MD
- Whytney Clay – Christian Brothers University; Memphis, TN
- Leah Schwent – University of Missouri S&T; Rolla, MO
- Hannah Trout – Marian University; Indianapolis, IN
- Sarah Bolton – Columbia College, St Louis, MO
- Amelia Meier – Denison University; Granville, OH